Start Your Search Here….
An “Owners” Vacation Dream
It’s no secret: Americans LOVE staying close to water, explaining the large migration to lakes, seashores, and luxurious resorts when the country’s vacation season is in full swing.
And why would they not!?
Standing next to a body of water means exciting activities – like swimming, canoeing, deep diving, and kayaking – are just around the corner. And of course, you can always sit back, relax, and enjoy a good read in a sunny and soothing atmosphere to recharge.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could enjoy all of these while keeping the familiarity and conveniences of city living close?
With Lake Tahoe lake front homes, you can.
There’s something special about living near a lake, but having easy access to the sights and sounds of one of the most beautiful places in the country? Even more so! Lake Tahoe is no ordinary lake. It’s a national treasure – one that’s rich in color and history and proudly retains its age-old charm and love for nature.
Imagine waking up to the warming sun with blue skies and being surrounded by pristine and inviting water; silvery forests teeming with timber; impressive rugged cliffs and other natural wonders that millions of tourists flock to every year.
And all the while, you’re just minutes away from 24-hour casinos; an excellent selection of boutiques and shops; bustling nightlife and parties; and even golf courses.
No, you’re not having a vacation.
In a Lake Tahoe lakefront home, it’s your everyday living.
Lake Tahoe Quick Real Estate Facts
- Lake Tahoe is a prime real estate location that’s 6,225 ft. above sea level, making it the highest lake in the country
- It is 12 miles wide, 22 miles long, and has a shoreline of 72 miles and greatest depth of 1,645 feet – making it the largest alpine lake in the American continent and the country’s 2nd deepest lake (10th in the world). And Lake Tahoe never freezes!
- The lake’s waters boast 99.7% purity, making it among the purest and clearest in the world. To give you an idea of the waters’ clarity, you can toss a white dinner plate to the lake and you’d have little trouble seeing it even if it’s 120 ft. below!
- You can spend your summer in your Lake Tahoe lakefront home in shorts and t-shirts. Winter, however, requires heavy jackets and warm boots.
- About 2/3 of the lake is in California while about 1/3 is in Nevada. It is found 99 miles from Sacramento; 198 miles from San Francisco; and 58 miles from Reno.
The Homes At Tahoe Team – Let’s Find Your Perfect Home
Our team has been in the South Lake Tahoe real estate market for over 27 years in the industry, we’ve successfully helped numerous clients find their ideal home in the area.
Whether you’re looking for California lakefront homes – just a short trip away from ski lifts and other attractions – or Nevada Lakefront Homes – close to golf courses, amazing mountain views, and more, you can be confident that The Homes At Tahoe Team will find the perfect home for you.